Qualcomm announced the Qualcomm Snapdragon Conquest Tournament, its first-ever esports event in India during November of this year. The tournament gives squads to compete for a massive prize pool of INR 50,00,000. Today the registrations for the Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020 have opened to all Indian residents above the age of 12. The registration period will last for two weeks. Click here to participate in the tournament. Players will be required to form a four-member squad and can invite their friends or join other teams. This tournament is also subject to terms and eligibility criteria including having a Garena Free Fire account above level 10.
Formats and Rounds of Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020
This three-month-long tournament will start its 6-day long in-game qualifiers once the two-week registration period comes to an end. Here squads will be required to play 15 classic matches in the community favourite Bermuda and Kalahari maps. Out of the 15 matches, the top 10 performances will be considered. In case of a tie, total squad kills, survival time and accuracy, among many other parameters, will decide which team qualifies for the next stage of Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020.
- A total of 648 teams will progress to the playoffs during which these teams will be divided into 54 groups.
- This is where the tournament gets challenging as the squads will have to face direct single-match eliminations through 3 rounds. Only the top 4 from each group, which are the top 216 teams will progress to round 2.
- These 216 teams will be further divided into 18 groups, out of which the top 4 from each group will qualify for round 3.
- These 76 teams in total will participate in round 3.
The final playoff round will consist of a total of 18 matches and the teams will be divided into 6 groups. The top 3 teams from each group will then qualify for the next phase. The top 18 teams from the playoffs along with 6 invited teams will be allowed to participate in the ‘League Stages’. A gruelling four-weeks-long match schedule will test the perseverance of the teams in a round-robin format, where each competitor will in turn face every other competing team.
The finals of one of the biggest esports events in the country today will see the top 12 teams compete over two days in the Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020 Grand Finale. The squad with the highest cumulative score will be crowned the Free Fire Open 2020 Champions.
Prize Pool For Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020
The tournament will provide the ultimate platform for aspirational gamers across the country to challenge their own skill level and exhibit their talent. The tournament gives squads a chance to walk away with INR 20,00,000 to the team who comes in the first place, INR 8,00,000 for first runners up and INR 5,00,000 for second runners up. There are also prizes up for grabs for reaching the finale. Additionally, individual valour and team effort will also be commended in the grand finale and receive special awards such as:
- Team with the highest kills in the Grand Finale - INR 1,00,000
- Individual with the highest kills in the Grand Finale - INR 50,000
- The Most Valuable Player Award (Fan vote) - INR 50,000
- The Most Popular Team Award (Fan vote) - INR 1,00,000
Players can register for Snapdragon Conquest: Free Fire Open 2020 through the link provided.