You might want to refund games on Steam if your PC doesn’t meet hardware requirements or played a game for a small time and didn’t like it. Whatever your reason to refund games on Steam, you can put in a request with Valve through help.steampowered.com, for a refund or any other issue. Refunds are usually granted for games bought in the last two weeks if you’ve played for less than two hours. However, even if you don’t meet the refund rules, you can still submit a request, and Valve will take a look. Players will get a full refund on their purchase within a week of approval in your Steam Wallet or through the same payment method you used to buy the game. If your initial payment method cannot be used to refund games on Steam, your Steam Wallet will be credited in full. Here is how to refund games on Steam.
How can I refund games on Steam?
If you have bought the game in the last two weeks and have less than two hours of playtime, you will most likely be granted a refund. This applies to both games and software available in the Steam store. Here is how to refund games on Steam:
1. Go to the top left corner and navigate to Help > Steam Support or click here and log in with your Steam account.
2. Click on Purchases and select View complete purchasing history.
3. You can select the game or software app you want a refund on here.
4. Click the ‘I would like a refund’ tab here and go to ‘I’d like to request a refund’.
5. Check the eligibility of your refund and select a reason from the dropdown menu.
6. After you fill out all the details, click Submit request and you will receive a confirmation email that your request was successfully submitted.
When can I refund games on Steam?
- For DLC purchases - These are refundable within 14 days of purchase, and if the game has been played for less than two hours since the DLC was purchased, so long as the DLC has not been consumed, modified, or transferred. Some third-party DLCs cannot be refunded and are marked as ‘nonrefundable’ on the Store page.
- For in-game purchases - Steam will offer a refund for in-game purchases within any Valve-developed games within 48 hours of purchase (2 days), so long as the in-game item has not been consumed, modified, or transferred.
- For pre-bought/preordered games - When you have paid for a game in advance on Steam you can request a refund at any time before the release date of the game. The standard 14-day/two-hour refund window also applies, starting on the game’s release date.