- beastcoast's captain StingeR has temporarily left the team.
- The team's current coach MoOz will be replacing the player in the playing roster.
- StingeR will continue to work with the team and will help with the drafting and strategy.
beastcoast is perhaps South America’s greatest success story in the Dota 2 scene. The unit surpassed all odds and made it to TI9 where they secured a Top 8 finish (the best one yet for the South American region).
So it comes as a surprise when the team announced that their captain Steven "StingeR" Vargas left the team. However, the statement also added that this departure will only be for a temporary time.
Joel Mori "MoOz" Ozambela will be replacing him in the beastcoast lineup. StingeR will continue to work with the team and will help with the drafting and strategy.
Earlier this season, MoOz played for North American team business associates with whom he competed in the MDL Chengdu Major and the StarLadder ImbaTV Dota 2 Minor Season 3. He later left the team and joined beastcoast in a coaching capacity.
So beastcoast's new lineup is:
- Héctor Antonio "K1" Rodríguez
- Jean Pierre "Chris Luck" Gonzales
- Adrián "Wisper" Céspedes Dobles
- Elvis "Scofield" De la Cruz Peña
- Joel Mori "MoOz" Ozambela
The first tournament to beastcoast with the new line-up will be the second season of the BTS Pro Series for America, which will take place from June 13 to 28 online. Ten teams will play in this tournament vying for the $50,000 prize pool.