Cover Image Courtesy: DreamHack - Joao Ferreira | Thumbnail Image Courtesy: DreamHack - Joao Ferreira
DreamHack has gone ahead to reveal all the directly invited teams for its first DreamHack Open tournament of 2020 taking place at Leipziger Messe in Leipzig, Germany. DreamHack Open Leipzig 2020 is scheduled to take place from 24th - 26th January, featuring a prize pool of $100,000.
This tournament will be acting as a qualifier for DreamHack Masters Jonkoping 2020, as the team who lifts the trophy will directly make its way through to the Master tier event.
A total of 8 teams will be participating in the tournament, 4 of these are direct invites while the remaining 4 make their way through various qualifiers, like Sprout making its way by winning the ESL Meisterschaft Winter 2019.
Image Credit: DreamHack Counter-Strike
The four invited teams are BIG, North, Renegades, and Virtus.pro.
- The support will obviously be high for the home team BIG, who will be stepping in with a new roster, trying to take off on a good note.
- Following them will be North who have undertaken a huge branding and management overhaul, this will be the testing ground for these changes.
- Renegades have been hit with some speculations that point towards there being a potential roster shuffle. But either way, the Australian team is eager to prove themselves and this might be the perfect start for them.
- The Ukranian organization Virtus.pro who recently signed the Kazakh roster of AVANGAR has not seen much action, winning this tournament will be a great boost for them. We have already seen what this line-up can do in Germany, finishing as the runners up at StarLadder Berlin Major 2019.
- Sprout has already proved that it is the best local team in the circuit by winning the ESL Meisterschaft Winter 2019. A run into the playoffs will be a great start for them, but a victory is what they will be eyeing.
Apart from these 5 teams, 3 more will be joining them shortly through the EU and NA qualifiers.
DreamHack Open Leipzig 2020: European Qualifier
DreamHack Open Leipzig 2020: North American Qualifier
With the addition of a direct slot to a tier-one event up for grabs, the DreamHack Open tournaments are definitely going to be more competitive while attracting a lot more eyeballs towards it.