Cover Image Courtesy: ESL Counter-Strike, Steam | Thumbnail Image Courtesy: Spawnterror
With only a few weeks left for Counter-Strike to reach its 20th Anniversary milestone, the CS:GO devs have already started to roll out some very unique and interesting stuff which includes a new themed weapon case, a sticker capsule and the addition of the reworked Cache to it game client.
The sticker capsule which has been named ‘CS20 Sticker Capsule’ contains eleven high grade, six remarkable, and three exotic stickers.
Image Credit: CS:GO
The weapon case includes a total of thirty weapon skins, including seventeen gun skins and thirteen variants of the classic 1.6 knife. The rarest weapon skins are the golden Commemoration skin for FAMAS and the Wildfire skin for the AWP.
Image Credit: CS:GO
Every weapon skin is based on a popular past instance that has taken place along the course of the last twenty years. A few of the instances which are depicted on the weapon skins are,
- Glock - 18 | Sacrifice: It is themed on the nerve-racking defuse that Olofmeister executed on Overpass at the ESL One Cologne 2014.
- Tec-9 | Flash Out: This skin is a tribute to one of the ‘flashiest’ dance moves ever, thrown by none other than Jordan ‘n0thing’ Gilbert himself.
- P250 | Inferno: One look at it and it takes us back to that one time when Jacky 'Jake' "Stewie2K" Yip held B-site with a quad kill from an AWP.
- FAMAS | Commemoration: This skin is a homage to all the maps played during the CS 1.6 era.
- MP9 | Hydra: It is based on Operation Hydra which was released in 2017 and is the last operation to have been released as of now.
- P90 | Nostalgia: The skin is themed with the classic Counter-Strike wallpaper that everyone must have come across at one point of time or another.
- MP5-SD | Agent: This skin reflects a recent player model change on Nuke where the CT-side is represented by the FBI.
- M249 | Aztec - The heavy machinegun is a tribute to one of its more popular maps ‘Aztec’.
- Classic Knife - This is by far the most nostalgic skin of all, as the classic 1.6 knife makes its return to CS:GO in not one but thirteen different shades. The CS:GO devs had teased the release of the knife through a clip uploaded on Twitter yesterday and here it is.
Along with the return of a whole lot of nostalgia because of ‘The CS20 Weapons Collection’, the devs looked ahead towards the future as well with the addition of the reworked Cache to its game client. The highly awaited map has returned to the active duty map pool and is now available to be played in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes.
With a few weeks still remaining before Counter-Strike gets to celebrate its 20th anniversary, and quite a lot of stuff being released by the dev team, can a little more be expected from them in the coming weeks?